Security+™ is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, network devices, and network traffic. It is also the main course you will take to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ examination (exam number SY0-101). In this course, you'll build on your knowledge and professional experience with computer hardware, operating systems, and networks as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as NetWare, Macintosh, UNIX/Linux, and OS/2, who wants to: further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
Identify security threats.
Harden internal systems and services.
Harden internetwork devices and services.
Secure network communications.
Manage a PKI.
Enforce an organizational security policy.
Monitor the security infrastructure.
Identifying Security Threats
1. Identify Social Engineering Attacks
2. Classify Software Attacks
3. Identify Hardware Attacks
Hardening Internal Systems and Services
1. Harden Base Operating Systems
2. Harden Directory Services
3. Harden DHCP Servers
4. Harden Network File and Print Servers
Hardening Internetwork Devices and Services
1. Harden Internetwork Connection Devices
2. Harden DNS and BIND Servers
3. Harden Web Servers
4. Harden FTP Servers
5. Harden Network News Transport Protocol (NNTP) Servers
6. Harden Email Servers
7. Harden Conferencing and Messaging Servers
Securing Network Communications
1. Install a Certificate Authority (CA) Hierarchy
2. Harden a Certificate Authority
3. Back Up Certificate Authorities
4. Restore a Certificate Authority
1. Enroll Certificates for Entities
2. Secure Network Traffic Using Certificates
3. Renew Certificates
4. Revoke Certificates
5. Back Up Certificates and Private Keys
6. Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Enforcing Organizational Security Policy
1. Enforce Corporate Security Policy Compliance
2. Enforce Legal Compliance
3. Enforce Physical Security Compliance
4. Educate Users
Monitoring the Security Infrastructure
1. Scan for Vulnerabilities
2. Monitor for Intruders
3. Set Up a Honeypot
4. Respond to Security Incidents
CompTIA Security+ covers these knowledge areas:
Network Security 21%
Compliance and Operational Security 18%
Threats and Vulnerabilities 21%
Application, Data and Host Security 16%
Exam Code: SY0-301
Number of questions: 100
Length of test: 90 minutes
Passing score: 750 on a scale of 100-900
Languages: English, Tagalog
Recommended experience: Two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security